A new year’s creeping up on us, and I think it’s time for some limericks.
- This month’s Theme is Resolutions.
- The Length is however long you need for a standard limerick: five lines of AABBA, in anapestic meter.
- You’re going to have to Rhyme; that’s what AABBA means…
- The Rating’s PGish. Yes, I’m aware of how these poems usually go. Be creative.
- And, above all, make us laugh. I want your life coach to drop his Downward Dog in convulsions of hysteria on his organic bamboo exercise mat.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next MONTH (January 8) to submit a poem.
DISCLAIMER: I have read the rules and did write a limerick/poem…whatever. However, I wrote it as it came to me and didn’t follow them to a T. Still posting because, well, I like it!
My Submission 🙂
Winter chills and the virus development never stops me to look forward
Blanket of hope gives the warmth of the new tomorrow
Child in me gets excited to set the new plans upright before we takeoff from 2020 to 2021
Please visit the link for the original challenge,https://chelowens.com/2020/12/13/the-a-mused-poetry-contest-12-12-2020-1-8-2021/